When it comes to business productivity, more is always better - especially if you can achieve it without using more money, space or energy. Cost-efficient, the IBM System x3690 X5 delivers four-socket performance, memory capacity and reliability features in a breakthrough two-socket system that incorporates scalable Intel Xeon processors and fifth-generation IBMX-Architecture (eX5) technology.
The x3690X5 features greater scalability and expansion to help you meet changing workload demands as your business grows. With MAX5, double the memory capacity of your two-socket system to 64 DIMM slots. You can also scale from two sockets and 32 DIMMs to four sockets and 64 DIMMs - and up to four sockets and 128 DIMMs with MAX5. Increase utilization and optimize your investments by fitting 100% more virtual machines per system at half the cost per virtual machine with MAX5 memory expansion. An easy upgrade path and customizable growth options offer freedom of choice - for example, you can add more memory without having to purchase unneeded processing.
Comprehensive systems and power management capabilities make the x3690 X5 easy to own and even easier to operate. Advanced light path diagnostics offer proactive problem solving and faster time to repair, and remote access capabilities enable you to manage, monitor and troubleshoot from virtually anywhere.
- Product Description : IBM System x3690 X5 7148 - Xeon X6550 2 GHz
- Type : Server
- Form Factor : Rack-mountable - 2U
- Dimensions (WxDxH) : 17.3 in x 28 in x 3.4 in
- Weight : 78 lbs
- Server Scalability : 2-way
- Processor : 1 x Intel Xeon X6550 / 2 GHz ( 8-core )
- Processor Main Features : Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Cache Memory : 18 MB L3 cache
- Cache Per Processor : 18 MB
- RAM : 8 GB (installed) / 1 TB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM - ECC Chipkill - 1066 MHz - PC3-10600
- Storage Controller : Serial Attached SCSI ( Serial ATA-300 / SAS 2.0 ) ( ServeRAID M1015 )
- Server Storage Bays : Hot-swap 2.5"
- Hard Drive : None.
- Monitor : None.
- Graphics Controller : Matrox MGA G200eV
- Video Memory : 16 MB
- Networking : Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet - Ethernet Ports : 2 x Gigabit Ethernet
- Power : AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Redundancy : Optional
- OS Provided : No operating system
- Manufacturer Warranty : 3 years warranty - on-site