BRAND NEW WITH THE FULL NORTEL LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!
Nortel AL1001E04-E5 Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-24T offers 24 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ-45 ports for desktop switching and two built-in SFP GBIC ports for uplink. Port 23 and Port 24 offer configuration flexibility as either a 10/100/1000 or a built-in SFP GBIC. The Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-24T and 5510-48T models may be combined in a single stack for maximum flexibility.
Nortel AL1001E04-E5 Key Features:
Up to 384 ports of Gigabit desktop connectivity in an 8 rack unit high design—the highest density in the industry.
Industry-leading Gigabit Ethernet performance with innovative stacking using FAST stack (Flexible Advanced Stacking Technology)—providing up to 640 Gbps.
High-performance switch fabric of 160 Gbps assures wire speed operation with no packet loss.
Hardware based Layer 3 routing at wire-speed and across the stack.*
Intelligence to the network edge with QoS.
Nortel AL1001E04-E5 Benefits
- FAST (Flexible Advanced Stacking Technology) Stacking Design : Allows for simultaneous bi-directional traffic flow on each stacking port resulting in higher stack resiliency and up to 640 Gbps stacking throughput for a stack.
- Switch Fabric Architecture offers Non-Blocking Wire-Speed Performance : High-performance Layer 3 switching fabric with a maximum 160 Gbps forwarding bandwidth and wire-speed performance. The forwarding rate for the Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-48T is 71.4 Mpps (million packets per second) and for the Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-24T is 35.7 Mpps.
- Layer 3 Routing : Supports wire-speed Layer 3 IP routing across the stack with static and local route support as well as RIPv1/v2. Through the Advanced Routing License, support for routing protocols such as OSPF and VRRP are also supported.
- Up to 16 Built-in GBIC Ports in a Stack : Two built-in SFP GBIC ports for dedicated uplink connectivity to network core switches
- Unit Replacement Feature : In the unlikely event a switch fails in a stack, the affected switch can be easily replaced without disrupting the stack.
- Recessed Stacking Connectors : Designed with recessed stacking connectors that save premium closet space and protect the integrity of the stack from accidental contact.
- Nortel’s Ethernet Switch Software (ESS) : Simplifies software upgrades and allows the Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-48T, 5510-24T, and future Ethernet Routing 5510 Switches to stack together.
- High Performance : Unique FAST stacking design means that a full stack yields up to 640 Gbps—the highest stacking bandwidth in the industry today. The Nortel AL1001E04-E5 Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-24T has a high-performance Layer 3 switching fabric with 160 Gbps maximum forwarding bandwidth and wire-speed performance. Up to 16 GBIC ports are available for pure uplink connectivity in a full stack—among the highest in the market.
- High Density : Up to eight Ethernet Routing Switch 5510-24T can be stacked to achieve up to 384 10/100/1000 ports in an 8 rack unit high space for highest-density desktop switching.
- Space Saving : Offered in a compact 1 rack unit high design, allowing for significant space and cost savings in the wiring closet.